- Improves bone health-Many yoga poses require that you lift your own body weight, which helps strengthen the muscles and bones and protects against osteoporosis.
- Increases circulation-Yoga increases red blood cells, which boosts oxygen throughout the body and improves its overall function. It also thins the blood, which lowers your risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Boosts immune system-Each time you stretch, contract your muscles, and twist about, you move organs around, increasing lymph drainage, which helps fight infection, releases toxins and destroys cancerous cells.
- Helps with digestive problems-Constipation, IBS and ulcers can sometimes be contributed to stress. Yoga helps transport food and waste products through the bowels, which can greatly improve digestive issues.
- Eases pain-Yoga promotes relaxation through meditation, which has calming and restorative effects on the body. Meditation can help decrease blood pressure, soothe the nervous system and ease chronic pain associated with arthritis, fibromyalgia, carpel syndrome and more.
- Encourages healing-Yoga has been used for centuries to promote healthy pregnancy as well as address infertility issues, because of its ability to reduce stress, release toxins and increase blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Our yoga trainers hold the highest credentials in yoga training and are experienced in a variety of yoga techniques including:
- In our beginners class, we will focus on basic yoga poses such as upward and downward dog poses, plank poses, chair poses, standing poses, and asana stretches, all designed to release lactic acid, stress and tension as well as increase endurance and muscle tone. Students will also learn the history of yoga to gain a greater appreciation of this ancient practice.Hatha Yoga
- Hatha yoga incorporates a series of slow paced movements formulated to introduce your body to the art of yoga. Our instructors will guide you through basic breathing techniques, seated meditation and relaxation techniques designed to open your body to the health and wellness benefits of yoga. As you become more comfortable with Hatha yoga, you will be amazed at how your body grows to accommodate the poses. Hatha yoga relieves stress and prepares you nicely for other forms of yoga.Vinyasa Yoga
- As you become more experienced at yoga, your trainer may incorporate Vinyasa Yoga. Vinyasa yoga incorporates a series of advanced yoga movements in conjunction with breathing techniques to improve your overall muscle tone. Participants will learn to inhale and exhale through various poses designed to help stretch, balance and increase flexibility throughout the body.Prenatal Yoga
- Prenatal yoga not only helps keep you in shape during your pregnancy, but it also incorporates breathing and relaxation techniques which can be used during the birthing process to help manage the pain associated with contractions.