- Heart attack and stroke- While women are more likely to die of some type of cardiovascular disease, men who have heart attacks are more likely to die from them than women. Maintaining a healthy weight and exercising are the most important things men can do to prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Men are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than women, and 90 percent of all diabetes cases are type 2. This type can be prevented by living a healthy lifestyle, eating correctly, and by exercising and getting in shape. HomeBodies offers special fitness programs for diabetes management.
Each of these can affect the longevity of a man's life. At HomeBodies, our personal trainers can work with you to devise a healthy living program that will protect you as you age.Benefits of Having a HomeBodies NYC Personal Trainer for Men
A personal trainer from HomeBodies is dedicated to providing an optimum program of exercise for men. When you choose one of our personal trainers, you can rest assured he or she will keep a close watch on every action and workout technique performed.
Your personal trainer will take into account your health and your goals and will work hard to motivate you, support you, and design a program for you that focuses on:
- Cardiovascular health
- Strength training
and resistance training
- Body and mind exercises that help provide men with proper balance in their lives, such as Pilates training and yoga
Whether you are looking for exercise for men designed to help you lose weight, help you gain muscle and bulk, or relax from the stress of the day, HomeBodies personal trainers can design a program to meet your needs.Weight Loss for Men
Weight problems are probably the biggest reason most men decide to exercise regularly. Losing weight is the largest benefit to exercise, which then results in other indirect benefits. Men who lose weight not only decrease their risk of heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes, they also:
HomeBodies's Customized ExercisePrograms for Men
- Increase self-confidence
- Suffer from less work induced stress
- Report happier home lives
- Can perform better sexually
- Have reduced incidences of lower back and leg strain
- Have the chance of living up to seven years longer
Men fitness workouts should focus on being total body workouts. A HomeBodies personal trainer can customize your program so that you are getting a complete body program. Your personal trainer will work with you to provide exercises that include weight training, strength training, balance training and cardio that will focus on different parts of the body. You will work:
- Legs and thighs
Your workout will be designed to push you and to strengthen you. In addition, your HomeBodies trainer will create programs that focus on both cardio training, or aerobic exercise
, and resistance training, or anaerobic training. Men who take part in a weight loss training
program not only look better, they feel better. You will find men fitness workouts that focus on both circuit training and interval training and some days may even do workouts that combine elements of each of these styles in order to keep you interested.Strength Training for Men
While strength training for men is often an exercise regimen chosen by men so they can develop bulked muscles, there are many other health benefits to strength training. Strength training does develop muscle, which helps burn fat, resulting in faster weight loss. Strength training for men also:
- Increases the basal, or resting, metabolic weight of men
- Improved blood lipid profiles and cholesterol levels
- Improves brain function
- Slows the aging process
In addition to helping burn calories, those involved in strength training for men program consume fewer calories than those who are not. We recognize the benefits of strength training. We also know men do not have to have a lot of equipment to participate in a strength training program. Resistance bands and free weights, as well as your own body weight and resistance, work just as well as machines.
Regardless of what type of gym you have, or whether or not you prefer to workout at home, your apartment gym, or in the office, your personal trainer will work to incorporate a healthy balance of exercise into your life. It has been proven that men who miss one day of a regularly scheduled exercise program are 60 percent likely to miss an additional day the following week. Men who have missed between two and three exercise sessions are 90 percent likelier to quit exercising.