HomeBodies is one of the first NYC personal training services to offer Reiki treatments at home, as part of our commitment to your overall health and well-being. Like nutritional guidance from our Dietician and Massage Therapy from our Massage Therapist, Reiki provides our clients other means of holistic long-term physical and spiritual growth. People that have regular Reiki sessions may experience:
- Relaxes the body and significantly reduces stress, tension, anxiety and depression
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Boosts and strengthens the immune system
- Accelerates healing from injuries and chronic problems (back pain, headaches, fatigue)
- Reduces blood pressure
- Facilitates in breaking addictions
- Decreases side-effects from drug therapy, chemotherapy, and radiation
- Removes energy blockages and adjusts the energy flow of the Ki (Chi in Chinese) system, bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Increases vitality and energy levels
- Promotes personal and spiritual growth and much more.
Reiki is one of the many alternative medicines that work with Ki-energy. Ki, sometimes spelled Qi or Chi, is a special energy which is the universal life-force energy that permeates all of existence. Reiki is sometimes called palm-healing or hands-on-healing, and practitioners are adept at working with this energy to promote healing and overall well-being in their patients using their hands and techniques commonly referred to as "laying on hands." Ki blockages and energy-flow imbalances lead to a variety of different ailments and other maladaptive conditions in the body.
Reiki is centered around the life-force energy, much like many other forms of Eastern healing. There are pathways for this energy through the meridians, chakras, and nadis. Acupuncture and acupressure also rely on these points that exist along the body. Reiki also makes use of the energy that flows around outside of the body in what is known as the aura. The Ki energy functions to nourish each cell that makes up the body and when the flow is cut off or otherwise disrupted then the cells cannot function properly.
Negative thoughts and feelings can severely disrupt the flow of Ki. Energy is very much influenced by emotions, both conscious, subconscious and even the emotions of other people. Being around negative people or having negative thoughts will cause that negative energy to attach itself to the life-force energy and disrupt its flow. Negative energies are the opposite Ki. This is how stress can cause a chain reaction in the body that often leads to physical discomfort and sickness.
Reiki is positive energy and can counter any sort of negative energy to promote balance in the life-force energy again. A Reiki practitioner can cause the Qi to vibrate rapidly, breaking off the attached negative energy. This will clear pathways and lead to healing in a completely safe and natural way. Because it is non-invasive and effective, Reiki is becoming more and more popular in the West.
Reiki provides unparalleled relaxation and stress-relief. A Reiki session can be both enlightening and life-changing. People often describe their treatments as feeling like a glowing radiance is being passed through them. Not only can anyone receive Reiki, but anyone may also learn Reiki. It is not taught so much as it is passed on from teacher to student through attunement. It is so simple that people can even practice Reiki on themselves.NYC Reiki Treatments
During a Reiki treatment, the practitioner allows universal life energy to pass through their hands to the client’s body. The client is always fully dressed (this is not a massage) and is seated or reclining in a calming, relaxed atmosphere.
- Recipients of Reiki report a variety of reactions, leading them to their individual paths of healing and spiritual awakening. Some people experience the sensation of energy moving through their body as they detoxify mentally, physically and spiritually.
- You can feel warmth, receive answers from pending questions and sometimes fall asleep. You might feel euphoric, relaxed and feel an inner strength. Reiki will almost always make you feel lighter.
- Your Reiki session includes a consultation, possibily aromatherapy, Hands-on healing and if needed, conversation about goals and/or action steps.